Carter (HeyCarter (Pty) Ltd) is an online and application based service that allows users to compare cars and potentially source quotes for cars, vehicle finance, insurance, value adding products and other relevant products.
1. In summary, Carter will only:
- Gather and use user data to tailor your user experience within the app and website
- Gather and use user data to provide the explicit services Carter is used for – sourcing quotes on vehicle related products
- Send you communications with your consent. All communications are relevant to either:
- your app or website requests;
- changes to the website, vehicle related content, or relevant promotions.
- We may disclose information about you in certain circumstances (where legal or regulatory requirements require this)
2. Carter will gather and use user data in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act and the proposed Protection of Personal Information Act. Carter exists to provide its users with a value adding service and customer experience. To this end, Carter works with users to determine when and how to share information to optimise the services offered for the user.
3. Carter will take all reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of its users’ information, and use its users’ information only for the purpose permitted or required.
4. Carter will gather, store and use personal information you provided to us on the website or application for the following purposes:
- to greet you when you access the app or website user portal;
- to communicate with you regarding your in-app requests
- to communicate with you and to inform you of promotions;
- to gather or create non-personal statistics about usage and shopping habits, click patterns and access to the app and website.
5. Carter will only provide its users’ information to a third party under the following circumstances:
- As part of the standard service offerings of Carter and where the user has specifically selected that their details be passed on to a Carter business partner (i.e. in order to gather quotes for the user on prospective vehicle purchases; finance and insurance quotes; value adding product quotes and any other quotes asked for by the user)
- when directed by the written instruction of the user or prospective user;
- when directed by an order of Court or other competent authority;
- where it is necessary to properly deal with and comply with any legislative enactment or regulation in respect of any complaint lodged with Carter;
- during the process of debt collection;
- to Carter’s attorneys in connection with any potential, threatened or actual litigation;
- to Carter’s auditors for the purpose of auditing their accounts; and
- in terms of any applicable law.
6. Please take note of the following:
- Carter’s core business is to provide a service between users and Carter’s business partners. All information shared and gathered on behalf of the user is done at the express request of the user – where user data is required to be shared to perform these actions, the users are explicitly notified and asked for permission.
- When you get in contact with us we may keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can provide services to you more efficiently. We may also record these communications in order to train or manage our staff.
- We do track the Internet address of the domains of visitors and analyse such for trends and statistics. The individual user remains anonymous.
- Some of our web pages utilise “cookies” so that we can provide you with more tailored information when you return to our site. “Cookies” are used to enhance your interactive experience and generally improve the service which we offer you. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, to decide whether or not to accept it.
- We store the information you supply to us to personalise your use of our services. You may update personal information at any time by logging into your profile and editing it.
- We will only hold data about you for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
- If you follow a link from the Website to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them.
- We may from time to time disclose aggregate non-personal information to third parties to identify the user population in general terms. In such cases, your identity and/or personal information will under no circumstances be disclosed.